Have you visited one of our Patrolled Managed/Enforced Car Parks and received a Parking Charge Notice?
Our Commitment to Personal Privacy
This policy is active as of 25/05/2018
Who we are
S&K Car Park Management Ltd t/a Secure Parking UK (07401550) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered is at Saffron Court 14B St Cross Street London EC1N 8XA, UK.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0845 600 6456.
What we do
We provide effective management and enforcement of privately-owned car parks and by doing so, entry into one of our managed sites, may result in your personal data being obtained, retained and processed depending on whether a breach of contract has occurred. Our wardens will obtain manual images of vehicles including vehicle registration number and, if you breach the terms of parking, we will use this data to pursue the driver or keeper for outstanding parking charges. Our presence is also intended to detect and deter criminal activity.
The Legal Posistion
This privacy notice includes the following information to help you understand clearly how your data is being used:
- The lawful basis for processing your data
- Categories of data processed
- What we do with your personal data.
Your rights under the GDPR are as follows:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
We reserve the right to object to requests if we do not agree with them. However, we will advise once a request has been made as to whether it will be accepted or not.
Right of Access
You have the right to submit a Right of Access request and this can be done via an email request to our DPO. We may need to obtain proof of your identity before providing the information we hold on you.
Requests can be made either by email – firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following address: Data Protection Officer, Secure Parking UK, 57a St Dionis Street, London, SW6 4UB..
Our Legitimate Interest for processing your Personal Data
- The processing is necessary for a contract which has been entered into and there is a legitimate interest to do so.
- We are entitled to:
- Pursue a motorist for an unpaid parking charge relating to a breach of contract.
- Ensure safety and security and help deter/detect criminal activity.
“Personal Data” we Process:
Postal Parking Charge
If you have received a Parking Charge Notice by post, we will have previously obtained your personal details, which will include images of your vehicle and the vehicle registration number. We will also have obtained personal details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency “DVLA”.
The personal details received from the DVLA include:
- The name and address of the registered keeper;
- The make, model and colour of the vehicle;
- Confirmation of the registration number;
- Any other information that we gather, in pursuance of the unpaid fee, including information that is shared by you with us.
Your data will be held for sufficient time to enable the fee to be settled, by you or another person, and resolve any dispute. However, your data will not normally be held for longer than 6 years in such circumstances. In some circumstances your data may be held for longer than 6 years. Examples of when we may hold your data for longer are:
- When there is an ongoing dispute which requires us to hold the data for longer than normal.
- Where a court order has been made allowing us to pursue outstanding money after the expiration of 6 years.
If you decide to appeal a parking charge notice and we decline your appeal, then we will provide your registration number and parking charge notice reference, along with the time and date of the parking event to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS) and/or the International Parking Committee (IPC). This is to allow you to contest the charge with an independent adjudicator.
Sharing your Personal Data
Your personal data may be shared to recover monies owed from a parking charge with third parties (such as a payment facilitator), an external software provider, debt recovery companies, solicitors and high court officers/bailiffs where necessary to ensure compliance with your obligations under the contract.
If you have any queries relating to this Privacy Notice, please contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com or call 0845 600 6456.
If you require more information about items raised in this notice we would recommend the ICO website, www.ico.org.uk